The term “Black Friday” was first used in 1869 by two investors who drove up the price of gold and caused a stock market crash.
Many people believe we call the day after Thanksgiving “Black Friday” because many stores become profitable on the huge shopping day and go “into the black” (profitable) that day. But the true story of Black Friday is darker. The term “Black Friday” was first used on Sept. 24, 1869, when two investors, Jay Gould and Jim Fisk, drove up the price of gold and caused a crash that day. The stock market dropped 20% and foreign trade stopped. Farmers suffered a 50% dip in wheat and corn harvest value. In the 1950s, Philadelphia police used the “Black Friday” term to refer to the day between Thanksgiving and the Army-Navy game. Huge crowds of shoppers and tourists went to the city that Friday, and cops had to work long hours to cover the crowds and traffic. Merchants in the area tried to change the name to “Big Friday,” but the alternative name never caught on.
Be smart, be fast and get excited ! This Orange Friday season you can take advantage of the 7 Best Deals at 7ConNetwork. That's right- not 1, but 7 deals for freight forwarders who join during Orange Week from 19 November to 26 November 2021!
Here is the detailed breakdown of the 7ConNetwork Orange Friday offers:
- Deal 1: the first new member to register gets 12 months free membership till 26 November 2022;
- Deal 2: the second new member to register gets 7 months discount on the first annual membership fee;
- Deal 3: the third new member to register gets 6 months discount on the first annual membership fee;
- Deal 4: the fourth new member to register gets 5 months discount on the first annual membership fee;
- Deal 5: the fifth new member to register gets 4 months discount on the first annual membership fee;
- Deal 6: all above the fifth new member to register gets 3 months discount on the first annual membership fee;
- Deal 7: on top of this, all new members will receive a stylish 7ConNetwork cap.
Register Quickly to Claim the Best Deal
Click here to get redirected to our Join Form. The Join Form takes less than 5 minutes to complete and you will be asked to provide a few details of your company. From there your submission will go into the queue and we will reach out to you to let you know which deal you have scored. Then we can discuss the finer details and confirm your membership.